- National Diploma (NQF 6) in Surveying or Cartography. A compulsory registration with SAGC as a Geomatics Technician (Engineering Survey). Minimum 6 years post qualification survey experience. 2 years’ appropriate/recognisable experience in roads/rail topographic and engineering related surveys after registration with SAGC. A Valid Driver’s License. Must demonstrate supervisory and team leading skills, Survey CAD skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Control and manage field survey party or number of parties of the Sub-Directorate Survey services. Give expert advice and guidance on technical survey matters. Maintain own registration to ensure ultimate professional service to the Department. Ensure quality control of surveys as per relevant specification. Manage performance and development of attached survey personnel regarding field work and all training. Responsible for the application of all legislation pertaining to surveys as well as a multitude of transversal and relevant legislation relating to operations within the public service.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subject to pre-employment screening (vetting). Preference will be given to women and Persons with disabilities. Applicants must utilize the new/ most recent Z83 application for employment form (compulsory) obtainable from www.dpsa.gov.za (effective from 01 January 2022), all fields in Part A to D of the Z83 form must be completed; and Part E to G noting that there is limited space provided applicants often indicate “refer to Curriculum Vitae (CV) or see attached”, this is acceptable as long as the CV has been attached and provides the required information. If the information is not provided in the CV, the applicant may be disqualified. The questions related to conditions that prevent re-appointment under Part F must be answered. Declaration must be completed and signed. Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit the Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Applications must be forwarded to Life Centre Building, 45 Commissioner Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2107 or posted to P.O Box X83, Marshalltown, 2107 or submitted electronically through https://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/.The Z83 is also compulsory for online applications. Applications received after the closing date will be disqualified. Errors and omissions will be rectified. The Department reserves the right not to fill the position.
- Address Johannesburg, Johannesburg, Johannesburg, , ZA
- Salary Offers R466,482– R533,376 per annum USD R466,482– R533,376 per annum Month
- Ref. refs/015502