Purpose of Job
To formulate and ensure execution of the SHE Risk and Non-conformance strategy and plan, based on the One Sasol SHE Excellence Approach and SHE Risk-based methodology.
Provide expert SHE Risk and Non-conformance management service and support the relevant business to enable the execution, reporting and assurance of effective SHE risk and non-conformance processes aligned with standardised methodologies, tools and procedures. In collaboration with business and relevant stakeholders prevent and mitigate the occurrence and recurrence of undesirable SHE events by establishing and assuring that processes are in place to continually improve SHE risk management and institutionalise learnings, through effective corrective and preventive controls.
SHE Risk-based planning
- Embed the SHE risk-based methodology through creating an understanding of SHE undesirable events, critical controls and how this relates to the business specific SHE risks.
- Enable the development of Bow-ties for Sasol Mining Major Hazards relevant to the business and other business high risks through appropriate controls. Identify critical controls to be addressed in the business in collaboration with business leaders.
- Enable baseline, issue-based and continuous risk assessments methodologies and tools within the SHE risk governance framework for the business.
- Apply the One Sasol SHE Excellence approach elements to determine the focus areas to support risk controls, e.g. systems, structure, governance, skills
- Develop an assurance protocol for SHE risk controls to monitor the effectiveness of the controls and to enable the business and relevant SHE sub-functions to provide assurance on risk management
- Administrate the SHE Governance Documents and/or toolkits
Risk-based SHE Management
- Actively drive the standardisation of risk management tools and toolkit.
- Standardisation of critical controls across Sasol Mining.
- Guide business leaders on how to respond to risk by executing the agreed Game Plans, through the implementation of operational SHE risk controls and by focusing on enablers for SHE risk management
- Consult relevant control owners and SHE sub-functions where controls are not executed or where improvement actions or initiatives are required.
SHE risk-based monitoring and assurance
- Monitor, track and report the progress against the Game Plans and focus areas
- Enable risk control owners to provide assurance on the effectiveness of risk controls through governance and monitoring of the risk management process
- Ensure data integrity for reports and provide information to SHE Risk Specialist as per agreed format and schedule.
Provide sufficient clarity and feedback on the effectiveness and improvement priorities of SHE risk management Risk-based review and Improvement
- Analyse SHE results and trends in relation with the business SHE risks to inform the continuous improvement themes to be addressed with specific action plans
- Provide inputs into the establishment of leading and lagging indicators by providing relevant information Identify learnings from the monitoring and assurance processes, as well as the analysis outcomes, to determine themes for improvement on organisational, workplace and individual levels in collaboration with relevant SHE sub- functions and technical work groups
- Ensure that the loop is closed by addressing the improvement themes in the following ways: Update the business and SHE risk profile
- Roll-out appropriate risk controls for the implementation by risk owners
- Provide input into the SHE Game Plan with appropriate focus areas and/or initiatives
- Develop or update SHE Documents and/or toolkits associated with themes
SHE Non-Conformance Management
- Enable the business to effectively manage SHE non-conformances through coaching and training on available toolkits
- Administrator for SHE risk, document governance and non-conformance management system and govern related master data
- Facilitate level 1 & 2 incident investigations and conduct quality review and trend analysis of all SHE related risk control failures and ensure that risk control owners updates SHE risk controls
- Collate information from relevant internal and external sources to compile learnings and insights with appropriate preventive/corrective actions including the institutionalization of learnings from High Severity Incidents
Minimum experience and Qualifications required
- Tech Degree in Safety Management or relevant B. Degreeat least 5 years relevant working experience
National Diploma in Safety Management with at least 8 years relevant working experience
Matric /Grade 12 with at least 10 years relevant working experience
Valid driver’s license
Coaching and Training: Coach the business and SHE sub-functions on effective execution of the SHE risk management, SHE Document Management and Non-Conformance process.
Personal development and effectiveness: Sustain high performance and seek opportunities for personal growth monitored through a structured performance contract and development plan.
- Address Secunda, Secunda, Secunda
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month