The Senior Manager position is the port’s financial representative and a process owner responsible to undertake an oversight role in ensuring the effective application of the total Financial Management discipline, which inter alia includes;
- Adherence to Corporate Governance of Transnet’s Financial strategic objective,
- Provision of comprehensive financial support to the Port’s mandate/deliverables (revenue generation, EBIDA, P2P, etc.),
- Developing and implementing best financial skills, competencies, systems, and processes. Implementation of financial and corporate governance strategies thereby securing the ports’ financial sustainability and growth.
- Support and align the port’s supply chain management strategy with the finance strategy to ensure compliance to the PPM and PFMA as well as effective and efficient service delivery (turn-around time)
1 Ensure completeness, accuracy & timeousness of financial information to facilitate effective decision making.
2 Ensure implementation & monitoring of audit report recommendations to achieve an effective & efficient internal control environment. Report thereon at Port Exco & Port ICSCOM (Internal Control Corporate Governance Steering Committee)
3 Ensure efficient management, custody & accounting over fixed assets to improve accountability & safeguarding of company assets.
4 Manage appropriate & meaningful financial evaluations to support capital investment decisions.
5 Ensure Completeness & Accuracy of Revenue in accordance with policy.
6 Manage, co-ordinate & compile business orientated Budgets & Estimates to support the strategic & business plans & decision making. Perform a thorough evaluation thereof to ensure that shareholder value is enhanced, facilitate & present to TNPA Exco.
7 Resolve customer queries timeously to boost customer service & company image.
8 Ensure timeous reporting to Auditors & our Corporate Office to fulfil our fiduciary responsibilities. (Year-end Interim and Tax).
9 Port Exco member — Contribute meaningfully, as a member of the Port Exco team, to the efficient functioning and management of the Port, thereby ensuring that port deliverables were met and business continuity maintained, i.e.
compilation and execution of the Port Business Plan, business objectives and targets, budgets, etc, and accept joint accountability in terms of generic SPO’s/KPA’s assigned to the Port Exco members; in doing so also offer cross functional support, as and when required, and serve proactively as a permanent member on the following management meeting
- Port Executive Committee (EXCO)
- Port Acquisition Committee (PAC) — Deputy Chairperson
- Port Lease Adjudication Committee
- Port Capital Investment Committee (CAPIC) – Chairperson
- Port Risk Forum (RISKCO)
- Port Large Business Committee (LBC)
- Port Corporate Social Investment Committee (CSI)
- Ad hoc sub-committee assignments, as and when assigned by the Port Manager.
- Port employment Equity committee
- New Business Development Committee
10 Support the implementation of TNPA Risk Management Process, Security Framework, EMS & SHE Management systems to ensure compliance & create a safe secure port environment.
11 Provision of support, maintenance and general management of the Port’s Information systems, technology, and computing infrastructure as well as support and align the finance strategy with the port’s supply chain management strategy to ensure compliance to the PPM and PFMA as well as effective and efficient service delivery (turn-around time). As a Senior
Management role, the incumbent is expected to manage or oversee other functional areas or discipline as directed by competent authority or supervising officer.
12 Ensure that all payments authorized are valid thereby safeguarding company assets/funds i.e. as a cheque signatory, comply with effective controls in terms of the Transnet Expenditure and Payment Policies and the PFMA.
13 Ensure effective management of Cash flow by timeously collecting all amounts due from Trade & Lease Debtors.
14 Initiate & monitor cost containment strategies to increase shareholder value by thorough review & analysis of financial statements & the need to sustain/improve profitability. Through continuous reinforcing at Port Exco Forums, Briefing Sessions, news flashes, entrench a culture of savings & the avoidance of fruitless & wasteful expenditure.
15 Identify & formally table non-conformances at the Ports Corporate Governance/lnternal Control Steering Committee Meeting. Address all non-conformances appropriately by recommending corrective action via stringent controls/procedures, coaching, close supervision as well as necessary disciplinary action
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualification as a CA (SA) is required.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in Finance field/environment of which at least 5 years must be at management level
- Address Gqeberha, Gqeberha, Gqeberha, , ZA
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month