Sappi Limited requires a Global Service Team Member: SAP Controlling to join the Global SAP Finance and controlling team to leverage strong functional and operational knowledge of the related business processes involving Finance, Controlling to support end-user use of the system, and performing initial diagnoses of system issues.
The GSTM: SAP Controlling will support major projects, working with the corresponding cross-functional business departments and with the Team Lead Controlling to understand functional and business roadmaps deployment schedules and help define and test solutions in support of prioritized business initiatives across the SAP system and related integrated systems.
This is a global position primarily covering the North American, European and South African regions.
This role reports to the Global Service Team Manager SAP Finance
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assist with implementing changes and new features in Controlling and Financial systems.
- Assist in the translation of business requirements and project scope into solutions in collaboration with both internal and external team members and business stakeholders.
- Evaluate alternatives and perform a cost-benefit analysis and recommend solutions.
- Develop relationships with internal customers by being proactive, displaying a high level of knowledge of the business and by providing reliable system support and business process recommendations.
- Participates in functional testing across multiple SAP modules and integration with internal or external systems and assists with building alignment with business to perform user acceptance testing and acquiring signoff.
- Supporting business and maintaining Controlling and Financial systems.
- Coordinate with local and remote SAP and development teams to solve issues, implement new solutions and identify best practices.
- Review code and system configurations to develop a deep understanding of the solution of the system that supports the corresponding business processes.
- Ability to perform first-level debugging of systems to analyze and resolve issues.
- Work together with teams such as Sales, Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement and other IT and business subject matter experts.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Information technology or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Controlling and/or Finance with solid IT skills will be an added advantage.
- 5- 8 years’ experience with SAP Financial applications will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the SAP HANA Finance, Controlling modules, including customization concepts, and areas of integration with other S4 HANA applications.
- SAP Certification in SAP FICO or S4HANA Finance, Controlling, and Financial Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with programming methods, SAP user-exits and working knowledge of debugging, or ability to learn.
- Experience in working within international global teams will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills are essential.
- The ability to work well with people from many different disciplines and cultures with varying degrees of IT experience.
- Good verbal and written skills in English
Preference will be given to candidates near one of our North American, European, or South African corporate headquarters or mill locations.
- Address Johannesburg, Johannesburg, Johannesburg, , ZA
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month