- Appropriate qualification in psychiatry (FC Psych (SA). MMed (Psych) or equivalent qualification recognised by the HPCSA), which allows registration as a specialist psychiatrist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). Current registration with the HPCSA as an independent specialist psychiatrist. Sound clinical knowledge and skills in psychiatry. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team. Ability to fulfill the required teaching and training requirements. Knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures pertaining to mental health care users. Adequate interpersonal skills as well as professional and ethical conduct at all times. A valid driver’s license.
- Provide a direct clinical service and manage a psychiatric inpatient or outpatient unit. The provision of care, treatment and rehabilitation to mental health care users within the framework of the Mental Health Care Act (No 17 of 2002); involvement in other general psychiatry work as needed. Provide outreach services to District Health services and District/ Regional hospitals. Teaching and training of medical students, medical officers and psychiatry registrars, as well as other personnel (e.g. nurses, etc.). To stimulate, assist with and conduct research relevant to the Gauteng Department of Health and Department of Psychiatry. To supervise and manage junior staff, which would include disciplinary responsibilities, if and when necessary. Administrative duties. Active participation in hospital management committees. To assist with the development of policies and protocols of the hospital. Active participation in quality improvement programs including clinical audits, morbidity and mortality meetings and continuous professional development activities. To liaise with external stakeholders when appropriate. To always maintain professional and ethical conduct. This post is a joint appointment with the Division of Psychiatry, University of the Witwatersrand. The incumbent will be expected to participate in the teaching program of the department and to provide training to a range of students and healthcare workers.
- Address Sandton, Sandton, Sandton, , ZA
- Salary Offers R 1 156 308 per annum – R 1 918 284 per annum USD R 1 156 308 per annum – R 1 918 284 per annum Month
- Ref. R 1 156 308 per annum – R 1 918 284 per annum