Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – ENGINEERING SERVICES to supply competent and cost-effective maintenance and engineering support, service, advise, solutions and techniques to maximise plant production in a safe and legally compliant manner.
This role reports to the Maintenance Manager – Mechanical.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Ensure the maintenance team’s compliance with all SHEQ policies, procedures, best practices and work instructions
- Provide guidance to the team, perform inspections and maintain records.
- Ensure work permit requirements are understood by all team members and adhered to.
- Actively guide and monitor the team on the correct isolation and lockout procedures when performing maintenance work
- Participate in plant safety meetings
- Actively drive the use of plant reliability monitoring techniques to ensure proactive maintenance and reduce unplanned downtime.
- Manage equipment uptime through fast response and repairs of plant breakdowns.
- Monitor frequency and modes of equipment failures, breakdowns, accidents and overtime. Drive root cause analysis suggests changes to processes and equipment to prevent reoccurrences.
- Manage projects for equipment renewals and capital projects on time and within budget
- Recommend work that should be outsourced to a third-party maintenance contractor and determine what can be performed in house
- Ensure plant compliance with legal and regulatory requirements by informing the teams of the requirements and conducting regular reviews
- Participate in the maintenance budgeting process annually.
- Monitor actual expenses against the budget monthly.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly maintenance reports using systemic and qualitative data.
- Oversee recruitment, recognition, performance management, remuneration, development and discipline of the section’s maintenance team.
- Provide on-the-job coaching to the technicians and artisans in the team, and develop their ability to perform predictive maintenance and problem solving
The ideal candidate should have:
- Diploma in Mechanical or,
- B.Tech or BSc / BEng Degree in Mechanical Engineering will be advantageous
- Government Certificate of Competence, Factories will be advantageous
- 7 years of maintenance experience in heavy industry
- Pulp & Paper industry experience will be advantageous
- Some supervision experience will be advantageous
- Address Nelspruit, Nelspruit, Nelspruit, , ZA
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month