Sappi Limited requires a Global Service Team Member: SAP Human Resources (HR) to join the Global SAP team to leverage strong functional and operational knowledge of the related business processes to support end-user use of the system and perform initial diagnoses of system issues. Support major projects, working with the corresponding cross-functional business departments and with the Team Lead, and understand functional and business roadmaps deployment schedules.
This role reports to the Global Service Team Manager SAP HR/EHS.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assist with maintaining and implementing HR systems.
- Coordinate with local and remote functional, SAP and development teams to solve issues.
- Assist with evaluating alternatives and perform cost-benefit analysis and recommend solutions that minimise cost commensurate with acceptable risks
- Develops relationships with internal customers by being proactive, displaying a high level of knowledge of the business and by providing reliable system support and business process recommendations.
- Understand the mechanics of the HR business processes in all business areas.
- Provide informed recommendations on various SAP Solutions on-prem and in the Cloud focusing on HR and EHS
- Assist in the translation of business requirements and project scope into solutions in collaboration with both internal and external team members and business stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with business partners to help identify opportunities to streamline or automate their operations.
- Manage multiple priorities to maintain a balance between day-to-day operations, projects and strategic development and to ensure deadlines are met.
- Review code and system configurations to develop a deep understanding of the solution of the system that supports the corresponding business processes.
- Ability to perform first-level debugging of systems to analyse and resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot and triage problem reports, resolve, and escalate as required.
- Helps ensure data remains complete, accurate and valid during its input, update and storage.
- Supports and aligns with the global IT vision ensures that IT activities support the global vision.
- Participate in global meetings to review application performance and project status.
- Participate in functional testing across multiple SAP modules and integration with internal or external systems assisting with building alignment with business to perform user acceptance testing and acquire signoff.
- Partner with teams such as Finance and other IT and business subject matter experts to recommend proper governance steps/procedures to ensure full compliance with audit, controls and security requirements.
- As directed by the Team Lead, lead production deployment, cutover or cloud migration activities with the infrastructure team.
- Other duties as assigned by the HR Team Lead.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience with SAP HR and various HR tools.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the SAP HR module, including customization concepts, and areas of integration with S4 HANA Finance.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the SAP SuccessFactors Cloud solution.
- SAP Certification in SAP HR is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with programming methods, SAP user exits and working knowledge of debugging, or ability to learn.
- Experience in working within international global teams is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills are essential.
- The ability to express complex concepts effectively to the business, yet technical enough to have a detailed review of designs and approaches with technical resources
- The ability to work well with people from many different disciplines and cultures with varying degrees of IT experience.
- Experience with SuccessFactors Core Hybrid Integration, SAP Integration Suite (CPI) and SAP Identity Authentication Service (IAS) is an added advantage
- Basic understanding of SSL/TLS certificates, data encryption and secure data transfer is desirable
- Address Johannesburg, Johannesburg, Johannesburg, , ZA
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month