- To develop and deploy value adding commodity sourcing strategies to deliver value through strategic sourcing.
- Implement Transnet’s iSCM strategy with a long-term goal to deliver the right product/ service, of the right quantity and condition, to the right place at the right time for the right customer at the right price and quality.
- Implementation of commodity strategies and other initiatives in delivering the procurement savings target.
- Support key purchasing requirements, including vendor search, vendor management, evaluation, negotiations, follow up on delivery/performance and post-delivery dispute resolution.
- Manage Division’s portfolio of strategic commodities through cross functional sourcing teams for effective execution of portfolio-based commodity strategies, as well as ensuring the overall sustainability of commodity-based initiatives in the OD.
- Support effective execution of the integrated Supply Chain Management (iSCM) strategy, specifically through participation in the Strategic Sourcing Centre of Excellence (COE)
- Implement the Commodity strategy formulation and execution.
- Conduct Market research and data analysis of strategic commodities.
- Analyses spend to identify optimisation levers for strategic commodities.
- Development of potential cost saving initiatives that will reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of that commodity.
- Evaluate and prioritise cost saving initiatives and development of the action plans for execution.
- Management and participation in the execution of the plan.
- Contribute thought leadership and insights for continuous improvement of strategic sourcing within Transnet as part of the activities of the Strategic Sourcing COE.
- Ensure that commodity strategies adequately respond to directives, mandates and initiatives set by the iSCM Council and other bodies and persons in authority. Provide regular feedback on progress and highlight or escalate snags and problems immediately as they occur.
- Manage the tender process.
- Drive the tender initiation process including maintaining tender register, compiling tender documentation, inviting and receiving tenders, scheduling tender receipts, and liaising with user departments.
- Facilitate the tender adjudication process by reviewing tenders, evaluating and validating tenders and expediting of tender adjudication.
- Administration of the process of awarding tenders including signing-off letters of acceptance or regrets; distributing and communicating tenders to end users and ensuring compliance.
- Management of contracts pertaining to strategic sourcing and reporting thereof, including renewal or termination processes.
- Manage relationships with Suppliers.
- Implement supplier relationship management strategies throughout their lifecycle.
- Implement, develop and track supplier capability mapping, complete commodity and industry benchmarking projects and maintain a database and research statistics.
- Ensure enforcement of service level agreement enforcement with external service providers.
- Development and management of the strategic supplier relationship and lead regular supplier reviews which include feedback on price, quality and delivery.
- Manage supplier performance review and supplier scorecards.
- Commodity performance monitoring:
- Consolidate and report on delivery against savings targets for commodities in line with strategic sourcing reporting format, key performance indicators and metrics.
- Input into reporting on overall performance of the strategic sourcing programme within the OD structures and the iSCM Council.
- Track progress against savings plan, delivery of benefits targets and action plans for commodity, using the business intelligence processes established as part of the iSCM.
- Highlight achievement of strategic and tactical targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis on Divisional levels for commodity.
- Compliance to policies, procedures and standards for risk management.
- Ensure compliance to relevant legislation and ensure contract management support in terms of archiving, contract price adjustments and correspondence.
- Contribute to management of the Tactical Procurement / strategic sourcing function with Divisional Supply Chain Management.
- Contribute to the annual Divisional Tactical Procurement / Strategic Sourcing budgeting and target setting.
- Contribute to team activities within the context of the new iSCM Strategy and business objectives.
- Deploy skills development initiatives within immediate team for delivery of capacity development initiatives.
- Implement succession planning within the immediate team.
- Work with the commodity specialists to define the values and behaviours required to create a positive motivational culture in Transnet’s iSCM arena.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to supplement e.g. Procurement Procedure Manual (PPM), National
Qualifications & Experience:
- National Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Operations, Commercial, Engineering, Legal or Financial
- A Degree or a post graduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Finance, Commercial, MCIPS will be an added advantage
- At least 6 – 8 years supply management experience in a large organisation of which 3 years at managerial level
Include: Requirement of Trust and Honesty in the handling of Finances as per the National Credit Act Amendment 19
Standard Job Requirements:
- Minimum Driver’s license of code 08
•Travel as required and approved
- Address Johannesburg, Johannesburg, Johannesburg, , ZA
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month