Sappi Southern Africa requires a Business Process Engineer to drive the development of detailed business requirements (SAP / Non-SAP) and coordinate the analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of business processes and system improvements within Finance. Maintain Finance and Controlling integration from SAP/Non-SAP modules from SD, PM, MM and PP into FI/CO followed through to BW and BPC for end-users and business process owners.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
Drive the process of defining business requirements for new IT solutions:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business area’s short, medium- and long-term objectives and its current business processes.
- Review current state processes and identify problem areas, inefficiencies and control weaknesses. Proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Educate/support business colleagues on current and future system capabilities/system solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide specific business area subject matter input and facilitate the development of business requirements for new or improved business and system processes. Use techniques such as brainstorming, document analysis, focus groups, requirements workshops and prototyping to obtain complete and accurate business requirements.
- Evaluate requirements against the business objectives of the specific functional area and highlight where the planned changes are misaligned.
- Prioritise and validate requirements and obtain approval as per the agreed framework for the scope of the solution. Develop the business case that reflects the value and cost of the changes.
- Evaluate and develop solution options to present to business. Research best practices inside and outside Sappi to take into consideration.
- Develop detailed business process flows and include how technology solutions will enable the business processes.
- Analyse the proposed changes against existing processes to determine the change impact.
- Recommend solution alternatives to business owners.
- Drive the development of a specific area’s functional specifications (business controls, system functions, information flows, system controls). Document business rules, the data dictionary/glossary and data models as applicable. Use Sappi standards for business process and system notation as well as data definitions. Ensure that functional specifications are detailed enough to enable technical design.
- Develop the transition plans including any parallel runs, phased roll-outs and change, and communication and training plans.
- Assist in the identification of risks and issues related to business requirements or solution design.
Support delivery and implementation:
- Provide input into system configuration activities by collaborating with IT and solutions partners to ensure that specific functional requirements are addressed.
- Analyse the impact of a requirement or scope changes and make recommendations to the business owners on how to mitigate it.
- Contribute to the development of the system testing approach, test cases, test data and testing scenarios (including regression and negative testing).
- Participate in user acceptance testing. Provide detailed feedback on whether the developed solution meets the documented business requirements.
- Provide regular updates and reports to business owners.
- Assist with the deployment of a structured change plan including stakeholder updates, communication, training and training manuals.
- Support the business to track the benefits of the new solutions.
- Review problem logs and identifies the root causes of repetitive business issues.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting / CIMA
- 5 – 8 years accounting / controlling experience
- 5 years of experience with Process Design, Deployment and/or support experience utilizing and configuring the SAP FICO module with a heavy focus in Product Costing, Cost Center/Profit, Center/Internal Order Accounting, General Ledger, Intercompany/Intracompany setups, Sales and Distribution FI integration.
- SAP FI/CO system certification relevant to the specific business area would be an advantage
- Address Durban, Durban, Durban, , ZA
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month