Sappi Global Business Services requires an Assistant Finance Officer – General Accounts to perform daily allocations from bank statements, clearings, weekly bank statement analysis, monthly bank reconciliations and general accounts processing.
This role reports to the Financial Accountant General Accounts and Assets.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Process customer payments.
- Ensure customer payments and general processing requests are adequately approved and within the limits of authority as per the authorised signatories list.
- Clearing of the following accounts: Shared Service; Treasury Local and Foreign; Limited; Share Account; Customer Accounts.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts (Local/Foreign).
- Complete the revaluations and forward to Treasury.
- Process following Journals: Bank charges; Vat on Bank charges; Clearings/Salaries.
- Ensure automatic bank statement uploads are correct.
- Allocate bank statement entries to the correct general ledger accounts and ensure sub-accounts are cleared timeously.
- Communicate with banks to verify and confirm entries on bank statements.
- Investigate any rejections on bank statements, correct errors and reprocess for payment.
Bank Statement Analysis for Treasury
Prepare weekly spreadsheet analysis from the bank statements and allocate them to correct categories.
- Run consignment stock reports and submit to relevant supplier.
- Process supplier invoices.
- Process journals for any quantity or price differences.
- Complete the monthly consignment stock reconciliations for each unit.
- Run the consignment stock payment proposal
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12
- NQF Level 6 Accounting Diploma/Related Degree
- 2 years’ experience in an Accounting position
- Intermediate Excel skills
- SAP FI
- Address Durban, Durban, Durban, , ZA
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month