The appointee should:
- Have National Senior Certificate or Grade 12 or Adult Senior Certificate) with English literacy or N2 in Engineering studies
- Have completed formal Learnership programme prior to obtaining a fitter artisan trade certificate as recognized by the MQA
- Have at least 3 years’ experience as a Fitter Artisan within an underground environment
- Be able to cope with Pressure and Setbacks
- Be able to operate within confined spaces as well as heights
- Have good motor skills (hand, eye and foot coordination)
- Be analytical with attention to detail
- Have working knowledge of applicable legislative, safety, health and environmental requirements and standards
- Have working knowledge of and practical experience in engineering technologies and practices
- Knowledge of underground rail bound equipment ie: loaders and locomotives
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
Computer literacy (MS Office suite of packages) will be advantageous
Key responsibilities include:
- Adhere to equipment maintenance, installation and construction of work place facilities to standards and specifications
- All maintenance, installations and constructions to be inspected and checked for quality purposes.
- Safe, correct and effective application of equipment, tools and machinery utilised during duties
- Adherence to maintenance schedules.
- Attending to mechanical breakdowns.
- Escalation of unresolved breakdowns or unsuccessful maintenance, installation and constructions
- Adherence to document control standards and procedures
- Reporting of all incidents and / or near incidents.
- Participation on SHEC related campaigns and initiatives.
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching to team members.
- Nominate team members for developmental training.
- Ensuring effective teamwork
- Identify potential conflict situations and minimize the implications of possible conflict
- Ensure that subordinates have clear work expectations and plans
- Conduct on the job induction
- Support, coach and participate in the training and development of subordinates and apprentices
- Effective two-way open communication with subordinates and line supervisor
- Report at risk behaviour, incidents and injuries
- Interacting with other departments
- Advising defects and abnormalities to appropriate supervisor or manager
- Recommend employees suitable for career developing
- Address Rustenburg, Rustenburg, Rustenburg
- Salary Offers Negotiable USD Negotiable Month